NITI Aayog Vice Chairperson Suman Bery launched ‘AIM-PRIME Playbook’. It marked the culmination of the nationwide AIM-PRIME programme, an initiative of Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), that is being implemented by Venture Center, Pune and is supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Office of Principal Scientific Advisor.
What is AIM-PRIME?
• In April 2021, Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), in collaboration with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, launched AIM-PRIME (Programme for Researchers on Innovation, Market Readiness and Entrepreneurship).
• Implemented by the Venture Center, the PRIME programme was aimed at promoting science-based, deep technology ideas to market, through training and guidance over a period of 12 months.
• The programme included several lectures and hands-on sessions on various topics related to the lab-to-market journey. These lectures provide diverse and at times contradictory advice on several aspects of the journey.
• The first cohort of the AIM PRIME programme consisted of science-based startups, faculty entrepreneurs and incubator managers, where they worked on progressing their ideas by teaming up with an incubator.
• The cohort included 40 organisations and 64 participants, representing 23 different cities across seven states and represented a wide variety of science-based sectors, including industrial automation, Internet of Things (IoT), electronics, robotics, energy and environment, health and rehabilitation, and food, nutrition and agriculture.
• AIM-PRIME Playbook is synthesised based on the knowledge shared by these experts. It aims to be a comprehensive resource for academic researchers, entrepreneurs and incubators involved in building science-based enterprises from lab to market.
• Other benefits of the programme include the PRIME Library, a curated resource shared by the faculty and expert mentors associated with the programme, and the PRIME Videos, an open-access video collection of the lectures delivered as part of the PRIME Classroom.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), set up in 2016, is the government’s flagship initiative to foster innovation and entrepreneurship in schools, colleges and society at large and promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.